Location: Coachella Valley, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ontario – California
Part Time Non-Exempt Hourly
Hourly rate: $17.00
Inland Congregations United for Change (ICUC) is seeking a Youth Fellow whose role will be to help build a base of youth leaders either based out of a school or congregation, and guide them in engaging in ongoing efforts to advance campaigns led by ICUC leadership.
ICUC is working to reinvent congregational engagement and organizing by educating, mobilizing, and empowering a new generation of local community leaders on issues affecting them and their community. By doing this, congregants, institutions and community members will participate in organizing and promoting our collective moral and social values. Through this we will bring opportunity and dignity to our families in the Inland Empire and build a better place for everyone. Our team is deeply dedicated to social, economic, racial, gender and immigrant justice.
- Meet with ICUC organizer once every 2 weeks (1-1)
- Create an LOC (Local Organizing Committee) and engage a minimum of 10 youth from your school/congregation throughout the year.
- Have an average of 3 one to one’s per week with youth, school admin, teachers, principals, etc. as it pertains to the organizing being done
- Join the San Bernardino Youth team meetings held once every 2 weeks
- Join Federated youth “house meetings” held once every 2 weeks
- Help schedule meetings (as needed) with their respective school administration
- Participate in and lead research meetings held throughout the year
- Help carry out a federated research action (January/February)
- Help carry out a federated action(April)
- Help prepare 5 youth to attend ICUC’s Youth Winter Training (December)
- Help prepare 5 youth to attend ICUC’s Youth Summer Training (July)
- Assist in the collection of surveys as needed
Youth Fellows must have the ability to work well with a diverse group of people. They need to be able to train other students to collect surveys, speak to peers, ask questions for research, set up meetings, and help organizers facilitate training during LOC meetings. Fellows must have strong written and verbal communication skills. They must remain organized and accurate when recording their activities or maintaining their materials. Fellows must maintain a positive, personable, outgoing and enthusiastic attitude. These individuals must be professional, self-directed and able to work well in a team. Traveling for training might be a part of the job.
The position is based out of your local office. The position will be reporting to the Youth Lead Organizer for your city.
Inland Congregations United for Change is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all, and strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, refugees and LGBTQ people to apply.
To apply for this position please follow this link