HELP RETHINK PUBLIC SAFETY BY:
- Sharing your voice and stories of restoration and redemption
- Making your voice heard with policy-makers
- Becoming an informed and engaged voter
DISTRICT ATTORNEYS, LAW ENFORCEMENT, & POLICYMAKERS CAN:
- Prevent the unfair targeting of innocent Black and Latino residents through the gang database
- Divert people charged with relatively minor crimes, like young people, into education, job development or gang intervention programs in lieu of juvenile camps
- Keep undocumented immigrant families together by following the law and exercising discretion more fairly.
- Sentence mentally ill and drug addicted persons to rehabilitation and prevention programs
- Ensure equal protection and fair treatment of all residents under the law regardless of race, sexual orientation, and gender
- Prioritize resources for schools and education over prison and incarceration
Meet Your DA
Holding your DA accountable starts with getting to know them and making sure they know how the community feels about important criminal justice issues.
The Hey, Meet Your DA Campaign asserts that elected district attorneys in California have the power to end mass incarceration and tackle racial disparities in the criminal justice system. California’s 58 elected district attorneys (DAs) are responsible for making decisions that affect the lives of millions of people, their families, and entire communities. As elected officials, they are tasked with representing the interests of the people in the criminal justice system. It is up to us to hold them accountable, which means getting to know them. The power we have, as voters and members of diverse communities, starts with just saying, “Hey.”
For more information and to get involved, visit MeetYourDA.org.
- Transforming the criminal justice system in our region
How To Get Involved
Partner With Us
Fund Our Work
Join Our Outvote CampaignCampaign Join Code: 936976
Outvote will allow you to privatly upload your phone contacts to their service allowing for you to join in actions, text scripts with instructions out to those in your contacts who would like to volunteer, you can also share social media post or submit testimony for various issues.